Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,848 comments
I was bored so had a crack. Two laps in my Flamingo Pink Porsche, and I had probably my first and only ever top 1000 placement (which will definitely not remain!). Actually found this one REALLY fun and both laps were clean (albeit with mistakes). Optimal was a 53.6XX. Looooong way to go before I'm "safe" in silver. Highly doubt a gold is within reach on this one for me.

18fa4e0d1ad93-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_439413241094192_1716457973024.jpg

18fa4f42b9781-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_439413480249955_1716458907226.jpg

18fa4f4125524-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_439413418064044_1716458664312.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely adore this TT. 1st lap I drove it semi casually and ended up with a 7:50. Not to shabby, arround the same ballpark as what I expexted. 2nd lap I put a bit of focus in it and ended up with a 7:46s. 3rd lap I loaded TheKie's ghost and ended with a 7:43.9....and that's with a super lousy 1st sector (1 full second slower than my previous lap) and completely messed up at less 2 or 3 other corners. There are sectors in the hills where I was actually faster than TheKie.....so I'm reasonably confident that I can get under 7:40 🤔

1000073417.jpg

Last edited:
yowza...getting within 3% of that top time is a pretty tall task. I doubt it very much...even silver is going to be a challenge. Did a few laps this morning...8:07. hoo boy....

I'm very familiar with the track...probably done more laps there than anywhere else in the game. It's my favorite thing to do. But I've never truly pushed hard in any sort of competitive sense. Always just been me doing fun laps. There's a few spots that I've still never gotten a solid handle on and when I really start to press for tenths (or half seconds lol) I expect I'll be sliding off track at those spots a whole lot.

Last edited:
Morning all! First, Laguna Seca… 6th top 50 finish in a row, SHEESH! I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it, the patience to get on the throttle and mid corner power/brake shenanigans weren’t fun but learning new skills is key and I feel I learnt a lot here.

IMG_7149.jpeg

IMG_7148.jpeg

Onto NBR… well when I saw it was my beloved Nordschleife (@Evilmuffin let’s go pal 🤜🏽) in an RS Porsche I was EXCITED

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Then I saw it was the good old Soft Hard tyre (accurate description IMO, well played @Chris30 lol) my heart broke. Thanks PD…

In The Nuts Pain GIF

Anyways I did quite a few laps this morning, quite hard to summarise except it’s gonna be a tough gold. I can imagine some people absolutely getting hooked in by this but equally a lot of people aren’t gonna have the patience, the Porsche is a lovely thing but on those tyres becomes unruly out of nowhere. I mean it’s a widowmaker 911 but it loses some of its appeal for me. The 996 GT3 on sports soft would be the absolute GOAT

Anyways, we move!!

IMG_7152.jpeg

Into the 7:30s with a messy last sector, I think maybe a 7:36 is possible but blimey it’s gonna have to be a perfect lap. Fun at times, infuriating at more times 🙄
IMG_7151.jpeg

I was bored so had a crack. Two laps in my Flamingo Pink Porsche, and I had probably my first and only ever top 1000 placement (which will definitely not remain!). Actually found this one REALLY fun and both laps were clean (albeit with mistakes). Optimal was a 53.6XX. Looooong way to go before I'm "safe" in silver. Highly doubt a gold is within reach on this one for me.

View attachment 1357529
View attachment 1357530
View attachment 1357531
Bruh that mini Karussell shot is delicious 😍

The challenge with this track of course is that there's dozens of corners and you only get to try any given corner once every 8 minutes. If you take a corner and think "I could have pushed that a little more" or "I should have turned in a little earlier" by the time your next opportunity comes around you've completely forgotten the thought and you do the same thing you did last time. :lol:

A few more laps....still a lousy 1st sector (1st sector is my absolute bane) and still messed up 2 corners because I got distracted by the ghost (@Metalgear9493 's ghost this time).

1000073418.jpg

@Dan_Tes I actually think SH tires are perfect for this car and track. It has just the right amount of slidiest and grip....but yes....they do give you a lot of code brown moment when you are not ready for the pendulum effect from the rear.

Last edited:
Did 125 km on this TT, invalidated a couple of laps learning the car but i really like this 👊🏻 tomorrow i will try to improve the lap 🏁
IMG_20240523_150927.jpg

Morning all! First, Laguna Seca… 6th top 50 finish in a row, SHEESH! I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it, the patience to get on the throttle and mid corner power/brake shenanigans weren’t fun but learning new skills is key and I feel I learnt a lot here.

View attachment 1357584
View attachment 1357585

Onto NBR… well when I saw it was my beloved Nordschleife (@Evilmuffin let’s go pal 🤜🏽) in an RS Porsche I was EXCITED

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Then I saw it was the good old Soft Hard tyre (accurate description IMO, well played @Chris30 lol) my heart broke. Thanks PD…

In The Nuts Pain GIF

Anyways I did quite a few laps this morning, quite hard to summarise except it’s gonna be a tough gold. I can imagine some people absolutely getting hooked in by this but equally a lot of people aren’t gonna have the patience, the Porsche is a lovely thing but on those tyres becomes unruly out of nowhere. I mean it’s a widowmaker 911 but it loses some of its appeal for me. The 996 GT3 on sports soft would be the absolute GOAT

Anyways, we move!!

View attachment 1357586
Into the 7:30s with a messy last sector, I think maybe a 7:36 is possible but blimey it’s gonna have to be a perfect lap. Fun at times, infuriating at more times 🙄
View attachment 1357587

Bruh that mini Karussell shot is delicious 😍
You're fast AF mate 🔥

Like many here I love the track and the car and am super excited for this combo, but also a bit scared. Last TT at the Nordschleife (the Civic one) was a major reality check for me and I ended up 5 seconds off gold. I also got into a habit of just following the fastest ghost available and driving at or (mostly) over my limit and restarting whenever I mess up. I have a feeling that this approach will NOT work out at all here :D

Little statistical note (usual disclaimer, it's still very early blah blah): gold is not easy here, but there have been quite a few more difficult ones in the recent past. The Genesis X and McLaren VGTs for example.

1716470286921.png

Bummed that I have to wait until Sunday to join you guys. Have a nice weekend!

Man, I'm gonna be so addicted to this Porsche TT, and I just bought one in the used car dealership.

@Lomic , xD. I can't believe I butchered that acronym, I meant sports hard. I have to go get a haircut Saturday so I won't be able to post my run until Sunday. Now I've got the TCS set to 0 which is making it a little slide happy, but I will have to cope with it. At least I'll have better exit speeds.

I'll update my progress with you all later. Good luck with this, it should be easier than the NSX one we had back in December 2022, :)
If you have any replays, please share them so I can look at them and study every bit of it.

Man, I'm gonna be so addicted to this Porsche TT, and I just bought one in the used car dealership.

@Lomic , xD. I can't believe I butchered that acronym, I meant sports hard. I have to go get a haircut Saturday so I won't be able to post my run until Sunday. Now I've got the TCS set to 0 which is making it a little slide happy, but I will have to cope with it. At least I'll have better exit speeds.

I'll update my progress with you all later. Good luck with this, it should be easier than the NSX one we had back in December 2022, :)
If you have any replays, please share them so I can look at them and study every bit of it.
Now i have an image in my head of you not beeing able to participate in this TT due to long overhanging hair what prevent you from seeing thru :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly me.. :banghead: ,

Good luck on the ring Chris!

Back