Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,114 comments
Sitting at 2800 cars and 800 tracks here, and I can honestly say I have driven every one of them for at least 1 lap. It's standard procedure for me - every week I drop by this thread, download and unpack stuff (manually I might add, so I can edit the names and tags according to my preferences). Then drive the new cars around Silverstone National, and drive the new tracks using the McLaren P1. That way I have a stable baseline to compare cars and tracks. Cars that drive badly are deleted. Tracks I'm a bit more lenient about quality because the filtering is done during the download process. I already have an old install of rFactor where I have every real world track up to 2016, so on AC I just got the tracks that I like + new ones + good fictional ones.

With most cars/tracks I probably never touch them again, but at least I have experienced it albeit for a short period. And if in the future I ever have a need to drive a certain combo, it's always ready to go. AC is basically like a curated library of driving experiences for me. A librarian isn't expected to know every word in every book, but they would know what books are in the library and knows where to go to find certain information. All the cars I find interesting and every kind of road from real life and fictional (whether scratch made or converted from other games) all in one convenient launcher.
Nice, i got 4,1tb assetto folder :-) , i use many folders and have specific type of cars in same place, then i just re-name the folder to use them ,i actually have few separate installs of ac too, switching between those with cm , i still have room for more.... compressed little over 1tb so i think it's good for another 10 years.

Does anyone know which option needs to be changed so that the car doesn't teleport to the pits once the race is over? I remember before he had to drive to the pit area when he finished and now he just does that. I don't like it.

Portland International Raceway (Unfinished)

rj_portland_int

This is a standalone version of the excellent Portland International Raceway done by 13X made to look the way I prefer. I take no credit for the track other than the changes I made. It's in an unfinished state at the moment, but i'm releasing it as is for now because I have to get surgery in a few days and don't know when I will be able to finish it. That means you will have to put up with a lot of imperfections. Everything is probably too dark, the grass and tree texture brightness is a bit mismatched and I never got a chance to vary the tree colors the way I had hoped too. So everything sort of looks the same. I'd also suggest you enable the CSP 'Trees receiving per-vertex shadows' option or the trees may lack shadow depth.

Credits:
Original Track: 13X
Cable fix: @Masscot
Original config I used as a base: Blamer (I think)
Updated config: @CrisT86
Additional replay cams: @CrisT86 and @DaBaeda
VAO patches: @CrisT86
Sections file: @Quikslvr

Changes I made:

-- Added animated flags, time of day and lap number to the display boards.
-- Completely changed the tree and grass textures. The trees were tough because the track uses X trees which always creates a sort of rorschach test look. I tried to hide as many as I could with Y tree variants, but you may still see some odd looking trees in a few spots.
-- Removed the blue\purple tint from the road and groove surfaces.
-- Altered the track lights to also come on when it rains.
-- Added seasonal trees via a track skin if you like that sort of thing.
-- Live jumbotron track cams via a track skin.
-- Working semaphore lights.

Maybe someone can take what i've done and make it better while i'm out of the loop for awhile. The ai needs some serious work because the sidelines are horrible. For now, it is what it is and you may or may not like it.

View attachment 1352230
Links been updated with a new version. It should be the final version unless someone creates a better ai line for me or some new fancy CSP feature comes out that warrants an update.

Changes:

-- Fixed the camera_facing setup so the track should have crowds again. Not sure why it didn't work to begin with. Everything seemed like it was setup correctly on the original track, but the crowds wouldn't show. So I renamed them and made them their own kn5 file and everything worked like it should. Go figure.
-- Fixed the semaphore lighting not working. Again, it should have worked before, but for some reason it didn't.
-- Included my own recorded ai line for both layouts, but i'm no ai making expert so it's probably not very good. I just needed something to eliminate the ai from completely missing the turn in the final chicane. The original lines are included for you to revert back to if you don't like my lines.

Secondly, I started working on a request to improve Fenryr's Imola 2024 track. This one will be slow going. I can't sit at my rig for very long until I need to lay down as a result of my surgery, but what I have done is turning out good so far. I restored the original tree textures (with some tweaks) from the Kunos version and remade the grass textures so that everything fits together. I got the TV truck displays working and a few other little things improved. There is still a lot to go over though so don't expect the track to be available anytime soon.

imola_2024.jpg

Last edited:
shi
F1 1998 - ROUND 02 - Interlagos v1.0
The Interlagos billboard in the F1 1992 Track Pack has been updated to the F1 1998 version.
Some textures and objects from Grand Prix Team's rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack were used.

View attachment 1354317
-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by F1-S-R (ASR)
rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack by Grand Prix Team
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Water tower by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula)
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
some objects from Interlagos 90s
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Masscot, Alessandro Micali, TITI

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Thanks man. Updated my 1998 VS Season with this track. If you want to try the season 1998, all links in the video description section.

Mika vs Michael was the second golden age of F1 to me (after Senna vs Prost). Great times.

Last edited:
NPP
I both agree and disagree. I'm also rather average, I like the lower-powered classes, and agree that they absolutely reward delicacy and precision as well as 'listening' to what the car does.

Where I disagree is sticking with stock setting when a few simple adjustment can make a car much easier to drive. With the Van Diemen, where losing the rear is the main danger and getting it to turn in isn't difficult, I simply added some camber on the rear (same value on all four corners) and made the rear ARB one click softer. That's not a radical adjustment but makes things much more stable without requiring a different driving style. With other cars, I often make them more pointy by softening the front a bit and adding camber.

I don't have the skill and patience to develop setups so I stick to a few small adjustments I understand.

Have fun!
ok, quick update. I softened rear dampers and springs by one click, lowered brake power to 96% and moved brake balance one or two clicks forward (56 I think) and now I'm reasonably happy. I can do mid-2:39s at Spa (with clutch and H-shifter), not sure whether that's a reasonable time or just crap. AI do 2:37s so there's some catching up to do.

NPP
... I can do mid-2:39s at Spa (with clutch and H-shifter), not sure whether that's a reasonable time or just crap. AI do 2:37s...
Almost I'm embarrased to say that I do highs-2:46s (paddles, with stock settings), and the AI (at 90%) 2:45s... Could be that in my parallel sim universe, 1 meter actually measures 1 meter and 20 centimeters... 🤔

(I already told; rather I tend to be terrible at driving... Now you all know why I only play offline... 🤣)

"Cannot have 0 cars in race.ini" only appears if you did not install it correctly. I recommend you first install the track and then put the contents of pyyer´s extension folder into it. Do it without CM!
I got the track to work but not pyyer's extension. What folder in the track folder am I supposed to put the extension into?

EDIT: I have dropped it into "assettocorsa", I have dropped it into the extension folder of the track and neither of these have worked.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I got the track to work but not pyyer's extension. What folder in the track folder am I supposed to put the extension into?

EDIT: I have dropped it into "assettocorsa", I have dropped it into the extension folder of the track and neither of these have worked.
Pyyer´s extension files are quite easy to handle, just put the content folder into the assettocorsa root folder and let the files been overwritten if asked (if there are any). If installed correctly then you can choose it in CM.
1715503383665.png

Last edited:
Just switched to CSP Preview 0.2.3 been running on the 1.8 preview for ages and since I've switched I'm having issues with manual wiper control again. Tried all the different settings in the sol planner and messed with every option I can find regarding wipers in CM, wipers either do one sweep or nothing at all also tried preview 0.2.2 but that's the same. Anyone else had the issue or have a fix?

Just switched to CSP Preview 0.2.3 been running on the 1.8 preview for ages and since I've switched I'm having issues with manual wiper control again. Tried all the different settings in the sol planner and messed with every option I can find regarding wipers in CM, wipers either do one sweep or nothing at all also tried preview 0.2.2 but that's the same. Anyone else had the issue or have a fix?
It depends what you are using. If you want to control them manually. Switch off the wiper control in Sol Planner (-2) and in the sol_weather app. Also in the weatherFX settings!
1715506118720.png

1715506147541.png

1715506174330.png

I had the same problem. Ultimately I had to uninstall sol and pure and reinstall pure from scratch. That worked for me.

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum diligently for a long time and am absolutely fascinated by all the great topics and the competent people with all their solutions. First of all, thank you for all the contributions.

Today I actually have a question that I haven't read here yet. But maybe just overlooked.

When I watch a replay of a race - with an external camera - some cars
headlights and the LED panel on the windshield only come on, when the camera feels like it is only 10-15 m away from the car - so further away, everything is over.
For example, in the URD Ferrari 296 GT3 (I like to buy those from URD, RSS and VRC) it is the LED panel.
This is not the case with other cars.
Does anyone know the reason for this and how to stop it?
I think it must be the car's ext_config.ini - but I just don't know.

Sorry for my bad english - i'm old and from Bavaria.....:-)

thx - Rob

Attachments

• on.jpg
    on.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
  • off.jpg
    off.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum diligently for a long time and am absolutely fascinated by all the great topics and the competent people with all their solutions. First of all, thank you for all the contributions.

Today I actually have a question that I haven't read here yet. But maybe just overlooked.

When I watch a replay of a race - with an external camera - some cars
headlights and the LED panel on the windshield only come on, when the camera feels like it is only 10-15 m away from the car - so further away, everything is over.
For example, in the URD Ferrari 296 GT3 (I like to buy those from URD, RSS and VRC) it is the LED panel.
This is not the case with other cars.
Does anyone know the reason for this and how to stop it?
I think it must be the car's ext_config.ini - but I just don't know.

Sorry for my bad english - i'm old and from Bavaria.....:-)

thx - Rob
Hi,

They're not part of the low poly LODs, that's why. Model usually switch to LOD B around the recommended 15m distance.

Probably a way to alter this with extension, I'd say. Dunno how, tho.

Last edited:
Vålerbanen
v20240512
1715531215272.png

1715531172109.png

1715531144581.png

Here´s a new updated version of Vålerbanen.
Originally converted from @GzeroD
Config from @GzeroD, @CrisT86 & @slider666 and @shi
Track logo from @Fanapryde

Latest changes from @shi:
-Added 3D terrain
-Added camera_facing crowds
-Updated flags
-Updated VAO-patch

Testing and support from @Breathe, Titi, @twobegreen, @Masscot ...
Thanks a lot, all involved. I hope, I didn´t forgot to credit anyone. :)

I´m so sorry, I really forgot to credit @Fanapryde for his sections files. :(
So dumb of me.
And there was also one guy, he tested a lot too, but I can´t remember the name anymore, sorry. :(
I think he was from Texas??? And had a burst water pipe from a heavy winter, but that was years ago.

Enjoy!
Download

Last edited:
Kronos has released his Peugeot 206 WRC, finally we've got this car with proper physics, and not as exagerated as iku&VG one. Hopefully it could be the best version of this mod, but all kronos cars barely feel like a Ctrl+C Ctrl+V in physics terms, Gran Turismo style (even they had the exactly same predeterminated set up).

Hi Gentlemen,

Am I the only one who didn’t received an email from VRC about the updates of the Pageau and the Ferrenzo Prototypes ?

I’ve been awarded about some troubles with the new files but It’s weird I haven’t received some news for the updates.

Has it be the same for you ?

Cheers.

Vålerbanen
v20240512
View attachment 1354917
View attachment 1354916
View attachment 1354915

Here´s a new updated version of Vålerbanen.
Originally converted from @GzeroD
Config from @GzeroD, @CrisT86 & @slider666 and @shi
Track logo from @Fanapryde

Latest changes from @shi:
-Added 3D terrain
-Added camera_facing crowds
-Updated flags
-Updated VAO-patch

Testing and support from @Breathe, Titi, @twobegreen, @Masscot ...
Thanks a lot, all involved. I hope, I didn´t forgot to credit anyone. :)

Enjoy!
Download
Thanks for this guys! Still hoping for a version with the other layouts but i think we would need a different source to work on :)

I'll see if i can find out how to make a updated Skin for it to change out the 15 year old ads around the track

Thanks for this guys! Still hoping for a version with the other layouts but i think we would need a different source to work on :)

I'll see if i can find out how to make a updated Skin for it to change out the 15 year old ads around the track
Just tested it (great work as always @slider666) but @saXXXon please wait a while. I'm updating some things that looks horrible to me (i learnt a lot since i did most of this config) and i'm replacing also the timing panel with working one if you want. I hope to have everything ready for the next week :)

WIP quick preview
valer (1).jpg
valer (2).jpg
valer (3).jpg

Last edited:
Hallo meine Herren,

Bin ich der Einzige, der keine E-Mail von VRC über die Aktualisierungen des Pageau- und des Ferrenzo-Prototyps erhalten hat?

Ich wurde über einige Probleme mit den neuen Dateien informiert, aber es ist seltsam, dass ich keine Neuigkeiten zu den Updates erhalten habe.

Ist es bei Ihnen auch so?

Prost.
I didn't get one either - just open the mail order information, find the link and load the new version.

Last edited:
__custom_showroom_1715538299.png

right the small edits to the ralt are done.

im doing the championship files now.

i think you will all be sick of silverstone by the end of the season.

also wondered if anyone had any of the following skins, or pics of if not;
  • Davy Jones
  • Eric Lang
  • Tony Trevor
  • Mike Blanchet
  • Carlton Tingling
lastly does anyone have any information on the weather for any of the rounds? tried my usual sources but no luck. everything else in the championship is correct as far as number of laps and layouts (based on what we have). a club layout for 80s silverstone would be great (using kunos 67 atm)

ill finish up as much as I can and should be ready in a week or two depending on what people have.

edit: Davy Jones skin is done. need his suit and helmet

__custom_showroom_1715542124.png

edit edit: Eric Lang skin done too. need suit and helmet

__custom_showroom_1715543640.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back